Offline/Downloadable version

AndrzejLKS

8 hours ago, Gibus Airline Group said:

I can imagine the game being on an app (which still needs to be online) because it would be more user-friendly. This idea is still pretty far IMO, because the game still needs to be finished and properly tested first.

Well, how about a .zip file you can extract on lets say your Windows PC and then use some HTML and JavaScript or MySQL stuff (idk what this game runs on) and then run it on your own private server if you're ever offline or so you can make your own worlds or something idk.

3 hours ago, KJS607 said:

I'd like to hear @sviridovt 's word on this one, but personally, I don't see it happening.

I second this, as I am sure some of the work is stuff that we don't want others copying.

I think once the game expands and gets more players and developed further, a sandbox single-player would be great. 

I dont think this is going to happen, there might be in far future an app that people may use, and maybe an ability to have custom worlds (although I don't see any way for that particular feature to be free due to the computational requirements involved). I don't have plans to release the games source code both because of the effort that went into it and because the game benefits from the social network effect (the more people that play the game the more people it attracts), so having everyone play in their own world worsens the game for everyone. Although smaller worlds are definitely going to be a part of the game. 

• Like 1