Aircraft lessers?

So, this might be a bit far-fetched, but it would be cool to see this idea implemented in the far future. 

Would be nice to have the option to be an aircraft lesser (either a dedicated company, or just leasing aircraft directly from the airline) which would add to the realism and assist smaller airlines. These planes could be a whole lot cheaper than buying aircraft, meaning smaller airlines can get the ball rolling quick. I mean, at the beginning at 1970s, there is little competition and small airlines have no problem. Later though, around 2000s, there is a whole lotta competition, meaning smaller airlines would have some trouble getting started. 

Then I will create a second airline and lease it cheap to my first airline so my first airline can be far more profitable than my competitors. :) The same goes to selling used aircraft, there is a reason why you can't decide selling price in AE.

I do agree that leasing is one way to help new airlines. If you limit the number of aircraft an airline can lease and buying new aircraft takes very long to break even, that will curb expansion of large airlines without making it too hard for startups. The limit has to be tied to capacity however, or everyone will just be leasing A380.

8 minutes ago, IQuit said:

Then I will create a second airline and lease it cheap to my first airline so my first airline can be far more profitable than my competitors. 🙂The same goes to selling used aircraft, there is a reason why you can't decide selling price in AE.

I do agree that leasing is one way to help new airlines. If you limit the number of aircraft an airline can lease and buying new aircraft takes very long to break even, that will curb expansion of large airlines without making it too hard for startups. The limit has to be tied to capacity however, or everyone will just be leasing A380.

Yeah, the plan is currently to write rules (and make it impossible code-wise) to lease/sell to your own airlines but I havent got around to writing 'official' rules or anything like that. The plan to do that is something along the lines of:

• You cant have more than one airline in one country (unless its a subsidiary which will be added in the far future) 
  • You cant sell/lease planes between your own airlines 
  • You cant have a business relationship with your own airline (except maybe have it be in the same alliance) 

Another idea that I had as part of an anti-cheat system (which is coming later), have all transactions analyzed for 'fairness' and if they're deemed sketchy have them marked for manual review by an in-game mod or something similar. I want to avoid setting arbitrary rules since I want to have the ability for people to do anything that could hypothetically happen IRL. All of this will also be less relevant since over time the game is designed to run with lots of small worlds rather than one large one (in fact, there exists a set number of airlines (that I have not calculated) at which point creating a new world would be more computationally efficinent than adding an airline to an existing world). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sviridovt said:

Yeah, the plan is currently to write rules (and make it impossible code-wise) to lease/sell to your own airlines but I havent got around to writing 'official' rules or anything like that. The plan to do that is something along the lines of:

• You cant have more than one airline in one country (unless its a subsidiary which will be added in the far future) 
  • You cant have a business relationship with your own airline (except maybe have it be in the same alliance) 

Another idea that I had as part of an anti-cheat system (which is coming later), have all transactions analyzed for 'fairness' and if they're deemed sketchy have them marked for manual review by an in-game mod or something similar. I want to avoid setting arbitrary rules since I want to have the ability for people to do anything that could hypothetically happen IRL. All of this will also be less relevant since over time the game is designed to run with lots of small worlds rather than one large one (in fact, there exists a set number of airlines (that I have not calculated) at which point creating a new world would be more computationally efficinent than adding an airline to an existing world). 

Love the Ideas, anything to prevent exploiting and cheating. 

It depends on how far you want to go and how much time you can spend. AE tried many things and mostly settled down with removing exploitable features. There are only a handful of developers and there are hundreds (if not thousands) of cheaters out there.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:47 AM, sviridovt said:

Hopefully all rules are enforced code-wise, else:

• honest players never break them, constantly at disadvantage
  • 25% cheaters get caught and become honest players
  • 25% cheaters get caught, retry more stealthily until they succeed
  • 25% cheaters get caught and banned, come back with DDoS attacks
  • 25% cheaters never get caught

Account base restriction can be easily circumvented by creating another account using another IP / ISP / fake IP. You will be surprised that many users have their whole family playing with them. :)

Another idea that I had as part of an anti-cheat system (which is coming later), have all transactions analyzed for 'fairness' and if they're deemed sketchy have them marked for manual review by an in-game mod or something similar.

Sure. I believe it is even more important to write a script to monitor the game database and always show the aircraft sorted by usefulness.

All of this will also be less relevant since over time the game is designed to run with lots of small worlds rather than one large one (in fact, there exists a set number of airlines (that I have not calculated) at which point creating a new world would be more computationally efficinent than adding an airline to an existing world). 

Slot limited worlds are another source of abuse. How they abuse it is too long to write here. Perhaps you can have hard competition world (current implementation) and soft competition world (see AM@FB) for players who dislike competition.

CPU resource wise, the same players will play in more worlds. So it kind of offset the benefit of small worlds.

Edited by IQuit

15 minutes ago, IQuit said:

monitor the game database and always show the aircraft sorted by usefulness.

I mean aircraft specification database and sort aircraft types. The way it is now, some aircraft are too cheap (i.e. 727) or too fuel efficient (trident).

Edited by IQuit

7 hours ago, IQuit said:

It depends on how far you want to go and how much time you can spend. AE tried many things and mostly settled down with removing exploitable features. There are only a handful of developers and there are hundreds (if not thousands) of cheaters out there.

Hopefully all rules are enforced code-wise, else:

• honest players never break them, constantly at disadvantage
  • 25% cheaters get caught and become honest players
  • 25% cheaters get caught, retry more stealthily until they succeed
  • 25% cheaters get caught and banned, come back with DDoS attacks
  • 25% cheaters never get caught

Account base restriction can be easily circumvented by creating another account using another IP / ISP / fake IP. You will be surprised that many users have their whole family playing with them. 🙂

Sure. I believe it is even more important to write a script to monitor the game database and always show the aircraft sorted by usefulness.

Slot limited worlds are another source of abuse. How they abuse it is too long to write here. Perhaps you can have hard competition world (current implementation) and soft competition world (see AM@FB) for players who dislike competition.

CPU resource wise, the same players will play in more worlds. So it kind of offset the benefit of small worlds.

Most of this will be implemented programmatically, and even in cases of ip spoofers and stuff all deals will be evaluated by the anti-cheat and flagged for review of something seems sketchy (ie, someone sells a plane for way less than it's value). You may very well be right that I'm being too optimistic, but it's worth trying it to ensure maximum realism and avoid arbitrary restrictions.

• Like 1