Sign in to follow this  
sviridovt

Upcoming Releases/Release Schedule

Hey Y'all!

Just wanted to give you a bit of an update on 0.2 as well as give you all a bit of a roadmap regarding what to expect in future releases of the game as we go through the Alpha development stage. 0.2 is going to have a lot of new features and I hope that you will agree with me that these features are worth the wait. 

AirSimWorld 0.2 Alpha (Release mid to late June):

• More details on your airlines finances (including breakdowns of how each of your cabins, aircraft and configurations are performing as a whole, more detailed flight financials etc.) 
  • Credit Ratings, Loans and Leases
  • Ability to Bankrupt your airline/go into Bankruptcy Protection
  • Airport Gates and Terminals
  • Alliances 
  • Airline Reputation and Reach
  • Staff options (setting salaries, dealing with unions, employee morale etc.) 
  • Logos, graphics and branding options
  • Better mail system (aircraft deliveries split from general mail, mail reserved for important information
  • Various bug fixes

AirSimWorld 0.3 Alpha (Release mid July):

This update will primarily be a UI update, that wont add many features but will be a significant overhaul of the UI. This will include things like making all the tables sortable (currently only flights and aircraft pages have those), add ability to add other columns to tables as well as have the ability to customize the UI to your own needs (One such feature is the ability to customize what is shown on the dashboard). This update wont do too much in terms of new features except bug fixes and tweaking of some game mechanics.

AirSimWorld 0.4 Alpha (Release early August):

This update will primarily add depth to existing ingame features, examples include adding aircraft options (winglets, extra fuel tanks etc.), more maintenance options, have aircraft maintenance actually take aircraft out of service (currently it only charges your airline money), more facilities upgrades (lounges, maintenance facilities etc.), better alliance options, realistic flight delays (cascading flight delays) etc. 

AirSimWorld 0.5 Beta (Release late August/Early September):

This update will primarily overhaul the way you interact with agents in game (aircraft manufactures, banks, airports) by adding contracts and negotiations to the game, so you'll be able to negotiate with an aircraft manufacturer or an airport to get a certain price on things etc. This will also add more complicated things like aircraft options, termination fees etc. This contract system will also be used for player interactions for things such as inter-lining agreements (potentially but probably not in this update) codeshare agreements, and leases between airlines. 

Its also worth noting that minor bug fixes will be released between updates similar to 0.1.

I would love to also hear your feedback and thoughts. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

AirSimWorld Developer

Please do not PM me about bugs or errors, create a bug report in the issue tracker instead.

Data errors (wrong airport/aircraft data, missing airports etc.) should be reported in the appropriate sticky thread in the suggestions forum.

Personally, I am more interested in:

- anti-spam game mechanics

- real itinerary / connecting pax

3 hours ago, IQuit said:

Personally, I am more interested in:

- anti-spam game mechanics

- real itinerary / connecting pax

I do believe  that it will be addressed in 0.2. The way that employee mechanic works is that you must compete for your employees, and the more employees you need the harder it is to find them, this means you will have to offer higher salaries/benefits (thereby raising the cost) else risk understaffing which causes delays and cancellations (if you dont have enough staff some of your flights will be cancelled and thus no revenue collected, as well as a reputation hit for obvious reasons). For real itins its harder, they are coming back (albeit they may be coming as part of a bug update rather than the main 0.2) but unfortunately the problem with real itins is that there is no way around the computation expense, I can optimize which is what I have been doing but at the end of the day, some compromises will have to be made, and striking a balance between realism and speed is a tough act. 

AirSimWorld Developer

Please do not PM me about bugs or errors, create a bug report in the issue tracker instead.

Data errors (wrong airport/aircraft data, missing airports etc.) should be reported in the appropriate sticky thread in the suggestions forum.

On 6/20/2019 at 1:38 PM, sviridovt said:

offer higher salaries

Would it seriously nerf aircraft with high crew count?

computation expense

Agree, you can't simulate every single pax. As long as airlines from small countries can be as successful as airlines from big countries, some simplification in modeling is acceptable.

I just wanted to know if there's a new update in regards to release of the Alpha update 0.2?

I've fallen a little behind mainly thanks to the banking system, so it's still a WIP. It is coming in the next week or two in the form of a pre release (I don't want to release such a major update onto the live world without proper testing) and then after a few days as a full release. 

• Haha 1

AirSimWorld Developer

On 6/20/2019 at 1:38 PM, sviridovt said:

no way around the computation expense

By the way, have you tried running on a small airport database?

I would rather play a 500 airport real itinerary game than a 5000 airport direct pax only game.

1 minute ago, IQuit said:

By the way, have you tried running on a small airport database?

I would rather play a 500 airport real itinerary game than a 5000 airport direct pax only game.

The number of airport is of no consequences, its the number of itineraries. Either way, I think I found a way to implement it with minimal sacrifices (namely setting a limit to the amount of itins it considers, its not perfect but its good enough, and probably fairly realistic anyway since IRL pax wont necessarily find every single itin imaginable)

• Like 1

AirSimWorld Developer