4 hours ago, Aurora International LLC said:

Yes @sviridovt, being able to transfer our existing airlines with all its routes, money, terminals, aircraft, and employees to a new world would make it much easier to start a new world. 

I mean that would pretty much defeat the purpose of a world reset, the way the sim works right now there isn't a significant challenge once you reach a certain point, while making it difficult for new players to join in. While I'm not opposed in theory to an 'endless' world (and in some way, that is the arcade world) I do need to be mindful of giving people a fair shot. I have noticed that the proportion of people who join the sim when the worlds are more established tend to not stick around. 

11 hours ago, sviridovt said:

I mean that would pretty much defeat the purpose of a world reset, the way the sim works right now there isn't a significant challenge once you reach a certain point, while making it difficult for new players to join in. While I'm not opposed in theory to an 'endless' world (and in some way, that is the arcade world) I do need to be mindful of giving people a fair shot. I have noticed that the proportion of people who join the sim when the worlds are more established tend to not stick around. 

Yes, I think that an endless world would be fun for people who start out early.

11 hours ago, sviridovt said:

Also, I think that to lessen the blow of restarting your airline, you should have a starting income of 2bn and immediate aircraft deliveries at 25. Also, a world in which everything moves a bit quicker, such as every 10 minutes a week, would be more fun. To make it easier for people who don't join the fast world the moment it is started, you could maybe delay rankings for 3-5 real-life days until the money shows up on the world rankings.

8 hours ago, Aurora International LLC said:

Also, I think that to lessen the blow of restarting your airline, you should have a starting income of 2bn and immediate aircraft deliveries at 25. Also, a world in which everything moves a bit quicker, such as every 10 minutes a week, would be more fun. To make it easier for people who don't join the fast world the moment it is started, you could maybe delay rankings for 3-5 real-life days until the money shows up on the world rankings.

But at that point what's the challenge of the sim? The mental model of the Sim is to be as realistic as possible, hence wouldn't necessarily be open to those types of changes 

23 hours ago, sviridovt said:

But at that point what's the challenge of the sim? The mental model of the Sim is to be as realistic as possible, hence wouldn't necessarily be open to those types of changes 

For a lot of us, it feels defeating when we build an enormous airlines with domination on extremely large routes, and then have to restart, and then other people take those routes. so I understand why you wouldn’t be open to that, but I think a majority of the sim members would appreciate an endless world.

33 minutes ago, Aurora International LLC said:

For a lot of us, it feels defeating when we build an enormous airlines with domination on extremely large routes, and then have to restart, and then other people take those routes. so I understand why you wouldn’t be open to that, but I think a majority of the sim members would appreciate an endless world.

If I look at the data, worlds tend to get less traffic over time as people lose interest and new people aren't interested in joining a world that's already well under way. This is why I'm making an effort towards faster, shorter term worlds to give people more opportunities to join a fresh world. As I said, not fundamentally opposed to the concept of an endless world, but I haven't seen anything to indicate a significant interest. There will still be longer term worlds, namely Arcade and the upcoming Dynasty worlds (arcade world but with all the realistic restrictions) but at least for the time being, my preference is to move towards more shorter worlds. 

9 hours ago, Aurora International LLC said:

but yes an endless world (preferrably arcade I turned endless) would be amazing

Again, not something that I'm willing to consider currently. The other issue is technical in nature, worlds only grow slower over time as the size increases. Plus there is the issue of server resets, right now I have a goal of separating out the user data into a separate service such that a server may be reset without losing user statistics and the like (I plan on adding achievements and global leaderboards and want that to be retroactive, so I still store world data even from the earliest worlds). I do want to reset the server as the earliest opportunity (which will encompass all new worlds being started on the new server while old worlds conclude) and obviuosly an endless world would make that difficult. Especially since part of the reset is that I would like to take the opportunity to make changes that are not necessary backwards compatible. 

On 4/18/2024 at 9:53 AM, sviridovt said:

If I look at the data, worlds tend to get less traffic over time as people lose interest and new people aren't interested in joining a world that's already well under way. This is why I'm making an effort towards faster, shorter term worlds to give people more opportunities to join a fresh world. As I said, not fundamentally opposed to the concept of an endless world, but I haven't seen anything to indicate a significant interest. There will still be longer term worlds, namely Arcade and the upcoming Dynasty worlds (arcade world but with all the realistic restrictions) but at least for the time being, my preference is to move towards more shorter worlds. 

Can you please keep some world that run at 10-20min days?

I love your work but quicker game play just doesn't goes well for me cause, it is so so hard to edit ticket price on my phone or my ipad cause the text box just won't show me what the old price is and I have no idea what I type until I update it and look it up in the all flight tab (easy when you are the only person flying the route not so much when you have one or more people doing the same route)

1 hour ago, HunterJerry said:

Can you please keep some world that run at 10-20min days?

I love your work but quicker game play just doesn't goes well for me cause, it is so so hard to edit ticket price on my phone or my ipad cause the text box just won't show me what the old price is and I have no idea what I type until I update it and look it up in the all flight tab (easy when you are the only person flying the route not so much when you have one or more people doing the same route)

Don't use iPad or Mobile, use a laptop/PC. I guess an iPad could work if it is big enough though, but no way a mobile would work.

The letter worlds will continue being 10-20 minute days, though the plan is that they will be shorter (15-25 in game years). I also am prioritizing the mobile experience with the UI redesign though it will take a while. I do know that for flight research it will be redesigned for the new demand system which is my big goal for this year. Since the new demand system will use both a city based model and take into account firmographics I need a different way of presenting information. 

• Like 1