Would it be possible to add a feature where airlines can send each other money up to a certain amount, say 25bn, and have the option to gift it to another airline or loan it to them? It would be helpful to airlines starting up and also for people to help each other within an alliance. It would also be nice in the long term future if there was a way to buy a percent of a company, for example, AirFrance could buy 1/5th of New Agar airlines for 20bn. In the future, these features would add a whole new layer of depth to the game, and I'm sure it would be used a lot .

I don't see something like that being implemented for the potential of abuse. I do want to see a contract type system for airline to airline dealings such as leases (though far down the line), as well as a potential of subsidiaries, codeshares and other such relations in the far future (which itself would need to be carefully managed to avoid abuse) but not direct transfers. 

4 minutes ago, sviridovt said:

I don't see something like that being implemented for the potential of abuse. I do want to see a contract type system for airline to airline dealings such as leases (though far down the line), as well as a potential of subsidiaries, codeshares and other such relations in the far future (which itself would need to be carefully managed to avoid abuse) but not direct transfers. 

Looking back, I can see what you mean. I am sure that some people would keep creating new airlines and transfer the starting money into an existing airline for easy money. Thanks for taking the time to explain though.

5 hours ago, Sky Global Holdings said:

I think this could work for alliances

Even then the potential for abuse is too great. I do see a future where you could create a subsidiary (with your parent airlines money) and then balances can be transferred back and forth. 

On the whole, I do have a plan to take the sim in a slightly different direction I want to try out, with more worlds but shorter with longer term worlds being arcade style 7 days per turn worlds. So what will probably happen, or at least my thinking is (and I do want to come up with some catchy names for these): 

World A: 1935-1960

World B: 1950-1980

World C: 1975-2000

World D: 2000-2025

And then the longer term worlds to be the 7 days per turn worlds, namely: 

Arcade World, 2000-...

Dynasty World 1935-2025 (new mode to have 7 days per turn with all the realism restrictions in place) 

The thinking here is that I do notice that people tend to stick around more when they join an earlier world (which makes sense), so having more shorter worlds gives people more opportunities to start in a fresh world. I also plan on resetting worlds slightly earlier, so B X will start probably about when B IX is 75-80% of the way through. This way hopefully there are more opportunities to 'start fresh' 

None of this is coming tomorrow persay, especially for Dynasty mode I do want to add some fleet management stuff that will be coming as part of the maintenance update (though a lot of those features will be added before the official updates, I really like the dashboard release model where it's an opt-in type thing which was helpful to me in getting feedback) so the Dynasty mode will be added before the update. Ideally I would like Dynasty mode to launch when Arcade is about halfway through. 

I would also need to add more planes in the 1930-1950 years, which at present there aren't that many. 

On 4/11/2024 at 5:49 AM, Sky Global Holdings said:

I think this could work for alliances

21 hours ago, sviridovt said:

Even then the potential for abuse is too great. I do see a future where you could create a subsidiary (with your parent airlines money) and then balances can be transferred back and forth. 

I was thinking we could do something along the lines where airlines can donate a set amount of money per day to an alliance bank account, which managers can use to build terminals, or other things not currently in the sim such as upgrading terminal capacity and experiences, having hotels for the airlines in the alliance, etc.

2 hours ago, Sky Global Holdings said:

Do you have a timetable for cargo and subsidiaries?

Not at present, right now I'm focusing on the long term goal of having a new demand model as a major thing for this year and don't have much planned out beyond that. 

1 hour ago, Aurora International LLC said:

I was thinking we could do something along the lines where airlines can donate a set amount of money per day to an alliance bank account, which managers can use to build terminals, or other things not currently in the sim such as upgrading terminal capacity and experiences, having hotels for the airlines in the alliance, etc.

That could be interesting to have 'communal' alliance stuff and I have thought about that, probably would be added as part of contractual obligations stuff I have planned though have not finalized the priorities there 

• Thanks 1