Overnight, I went in debt

I was earning $250K a day in the B IX world. Overnight, I somehow went debt? Even though my earnings are positive? Here is my expense report, it seems as if I am paying a ton of money for the gate rental slots. I don't know what that means, but for someone who is earning ~250k per day, that will surely put me in debt. Any way to overcome this? Also, should I start a new airline, or keep this one and try to get out of debt?image.thumb.png.116fca00c9303654abdd401f653f4eda.png

You need to change where you park your planes.  Spending too much time on the ground costs a LOT of money.  Click on facilities and then gate slot and you'll see where it is costing you.  Either get a terminal or switch where your planes are parked.  

Looks like you're doing slot rental, which is what's costing you. Basically when there aren't enough gates at an airport for you to lease one, it will utilize a slot rental system whereby you will pay per minute that you're parked at the gate, that gets very expensive if you stay at an airport for a long time. You can tell you're using slot rental if your flights arrive/depart in A gates. 

11 hours ago, OnyxWingman said:

@sviridovt@GARY Slot rental, how should I prevent this? Am I able to buy a gate or a slot, and are gates and slots both the same thing?
Also, maybe I shouldn't start at LAX, DFW, or SEA, like I was. Any ideas of beginner-friendly airports that can help get me going?

When you start a route, if you're going to be staying at an airport a long time make sure it's not using 'A' gates (short term stays in A gates should not be very expensive, it only starts getting expensive after you've stayed over 30 minutes). If there are gates available for lease at an airport it will lease them for you automatically (unless you have a terminal) when you create your flight. 

If you start at a different airport and keep your layovers to less than an hour, that should help.  I also learned this the hard way.  Eventually, you can try to build terminals but they are expensive to start off with and now cost you in the "standings" which I never noticed them doing before.  Long layovers are bad so try to avoid them unless you already have gates leased or terminal gates to use.    Good luck

4 hours ago, OnyxWingman said:

So you're saying that I should completely fill my schedule? Like, I mean, not just keep routes minimally spaced together but fill out the whole entire day?

I mean it's in your interest to do that regardless to make sure that planes keep flying (indeed this is what real airlines do), however if you wish to keep planes stationed (say overnight) just make sure that you either own the terminal or lease the gate that it's staying in since those gates are charged a flat fee rather than a per minute one. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/23/2024 at 8:37 PM, sviridovt said:

I mean it's in your interest to do that regardless to make sure that planes keep flying (indeed this is what real airlines do), however if you wish to keep planes stationed (say overnight) just make sure that you either own the terminal or lease the gate that it's staying in since those gates are charged a flat fee rather than a per minute one. 

Thanks! That will be useful for me.