Fuel Price Rebalancing

MoeKitsune

Currently fuel prices for many short-range aircraft is bizarrely high, making realistically-priced routes impossible for them. I know the E-Jets, the Q400, and the CRJs have this issue, but there may be more. I saw on the discord that a new fuel model is being worked on, but considering the A320 has sensible fuel prices I think the root cause is a config error so that might need a look at before the new model is implemented.

• Like 2

Seeing as the possibility of unit issues was said in Discord, I think that if fuel units are supposed to be in gallons, maybe these planes have their liter number used instead. Would explain the ~4x increase in fuel cost of a 737 over a320 as a US gallon is around 3.8 litres

• Like 1

It's actually stored in weight, so in Kg (not ideal, not sure why I implemented it this way as it was years back). There are conversions involved in saving fuel costs so definitely an error prone process. I have to go through and check for errors. Might refactor this to a more sensible unit as part of fuel update. 

10 hours ago, sviridovt said:

It's actually stored in weight, so in Kg (not ideal, not sure why I implemented it this way as it was years back). There are conversions involved in saving fuel costs so definitely an error prone process. I have to go through and check for errors. Might refactor this to a more sensible unit as part of fuel update. 

Sounds good. I'm sick right now so I don't have the energy to go through every aircraft and look for high prices unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Marco1887 said:

Maybe it is in weight because it is in weigth in real avation. I prefer to keep this unit.

That's probably why it is in weight as I was (am) quite a fan of flight sims so it was natural, but most sources use volume (liters, gallons etc.) when citing fuel capacity as well as fuel prices are typically volume based, hence to avoid errors it would make sense to use that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I don't think the fuel price balancing is the only problem here. Sometimes I can't follow the flight financials. I link the latest case below.

E.g. my route has a load factor of 100% and a net income of -200k. I increased the ticke price and the net income increased to -1k at 100% load factor. I increased the ticket price again and the the net income changed back to -200k at 100% load factor.

https://prod.airsim.world/flights/research?orig=PEK&dest=DAC

Edited by Marco1887
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 2:49 AM, Marco1887 said:

Hi,

I don't think the fuel price balancing is the only problem here. Sometimes I can't follow the flight financials. I link the latest case below.

E.g. my route has a load factor of 100% and a net income of -200k. I increased the ticke price and the net income increased to -1k at 100% load factor. I increased the ticket price again and the the net income changed back to -200k at 100% load factor.

https://prod.airsim.world/flights/research?orig=PEK&dest=DAC

Is this after waiting for the blue box to disappear? The recalculations are weird until the flight updates. 

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, here is something:

I set a scedule on a route, ticket price and IFS Profile. I updated (blue box) reloaded the page (blue box gone) and the loadfactor was 13k/13k in Eco and 0/2k in Busines Class. I didn't check the Supply/Demand ratio so I decreased the business class ticket price, updated (blue box) and reloaded the page later (blue box gone). After that the loadfactor was 8k/13k and 0k/2k. I did not change the ticket price for the eoc but the ticket sales decreased by 5k.

Sorry for double post, but I#m not allowed to edit my previous comment.

Next weird fact: The Net Income was around 900k when the loasfactor was 13k/13k. After I decreased the ticket price for eco the loadfactor is 13k/13k again and the net income is now 1300k (business still 0/2k due to more supply than demand)

• Like 1

I think I can proof your thesis. I recently edit an other route. The blue box disappeared and my profit was -11m$. I increased the ticket price and, after the blue box disappeared again, the profit was +14m$. I decreased the ticket price back to the privious price and reloaded the page about 10 minutes later. Now the profit is +4m$.