Phantom

More Game Worlds

It should have various different world going on at same time and player should choose which one to play.

All should have there own benefits like one should no political restrictions while other should have long time has one day,etc.

So I think you will think of it and support it.

• Thanks 1

That's the plan. The game currently doesn't have enough people to sustain a large number of worlds (though the code itself is actually designed to be optimized for a lot of small worlds as opposed to few large ones). World B is currently in the works and will run from 1950-2010 (everything is ready, were just waiting on adding the aircraft from the early era in the game, feel free to offer your help to our data manager @KJS607 if you think you can help on that end), and world C probably will come soon after if the rate of new people continues (traffic doubled in the last month). 

I do have concerns with World B, since it was supposed to start in November but had to be pushed back since we only have one aircraft in game that is available that early on. What this delay means is that World B will probably come right around the time that World A will be reset (I think it has a couple of weeks or so left in it). I would prefer to have diversity so that there is always a 'fresh' world available to join, though I'll probably solve that by having World A run slightly faster than World B to create some distance, though I haven't done the calculations to work that out. 

AirSimWorld Developer

Please do not PM me about bugs or errors, create a bug report in the issue tracker instead.

Data errors (wrong airport/aircraft data, missing airports etc.) should be reported in the appropriate sticky thread in the suggestions forum.

10 hours ago, Johnny65 said:

Any idea when the new world (s) will become live ??  Just for curiosity 😀

World A will be reset as soon as it ends when it reaches 2020 (fun fact, I originally scheduled it to end on the new year but due to various game pauses and world slow downs, especially early on it wasn't meant to be), which should be in about 22 days. World B will be added whenever the aircraft data is ready, the data team is working hard to implement it asap. World C will probably be a modern world (since we already are going to have two historic worlds) and will launch a few months from now (depending on the number of active players)

• Thanks 1

AirSimWorld Developer

Please do not PM me about bugs or errors, create a bug report in the issue tracker instead.

Data errors (wrong airport/aircraft data, missing airports etc.) should be reported in the appropriate sticky thread in the suggestions forum.

4 hours ago, Peter Marxen said:

IS it possible to slow done the modern game world a bit? Maybe 60Minutes / day?

Yes, but based on polls if anything, people want faster worlds so I doubt I'll be starting a slower world anytime soon. Though eventually I probably will.

AirSimWorld Developer

On 1/1/2020 at 9:37 PM, sviridovt said:

Yes, but based on polls if anything, people want faster worlds so I doubt I'll be starting a slower world anytime soon. Though eventually I probably will.

employed people can not check her Airline everyday 😉

2 hours ago, Peter Marxen said:

I do believe a few people play on mobile? I'm not sure about this though.

4 hours ago, Peter Marxen said:

I personally prefer slower worlds myself, but I also want to make what appeals to the most people. Eventually as the sim grows there will be slower worlds, for now with only a few worlds I don't really have much of a choice. I might make the modern world slightly shorter but slower (maybe something like 2000-2030 but at 45 mins/day) but I haven't fully settled that yet.

• Thanks 1

AirSimWorld Developer

3 hours ago, sviridovt said:

I personally prefer slower worlds myself, but I also want to make what appeals to the most people. Eventually as the sim grows there will be slower worlds, for now with only a few worlds I don't really have much of a choice. I might make the modern world slightly shorter but slower (maybe something like 2000-2030 but at 45 mins/day) but I haven't fully settled that yet.

Well honestly, I don't think now's the time to worry about all this. Getting a finished-ish game, or at least a beta seems the most important thing to do first. 
also, there are not really enough airlines to make the market competitive enough that you could call it "realistic". I believe having at least double the playercount in each world would be a nice start. That's the main thing airlines are fighting for nowadays. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2020 at 1:04 AM, Gibus said:

Well honestly, I don't think now's the time to worry about all this. Getting a finished-ish game, or at least a beta seems the most important thing to do first. 
also, there are not really enough airlines to make the market competitive enough that you could call it "realistic". I believe having at least double the playercount in each world would be a nice start. That's the main thing airlines are fighting for nowadays. 

More worlds would actually make the game more stable in many ways. The game is optimized for a lot of small worlds than a few large ones. World A is currently pretty much at capacity for what I would consider to be a stable world

AirSimWorld Developer

1 hour ago, sviridovt said:

More worlds would actually make the game more stable in many ways. The game is optimized for a lot of small worlds than a few large ones. World A is currently pretty much at capacity for what I would consider to be a stable world

I didn't realize that's how the game was made. That's interesting. 

Then I guess later a method must be figured out how to make the game harder, without relying on competition.

4 hours ago, Gibus said:

I didn't realize that's how the game was made. That's interesting. 

Then I guess later a method must be figured out how to make the game harder, without relying on competition.

I may or may not be tinkering with a number of core mechanics for 0.3 to do just that...

AirSimWorld Developer