Automatic Scheduler

Aether

5 hours ago, Aether said:

Hi,

The scheduling atm is just too much of a pain, would it be possible to add an automatic scheduler?

Thank you.

The reason why its not automatic is to allow you a lot of flexibility for banking your hubs and stuff like that, plus departure time effects your reputation (pax really dont like flights that leave between 1 and 5 AM lt for instance). I do plan on adding changes to make it easier to schedule your aircraft since it is a little bit tedious atm. Currently I am planning on adding an ability to copy your schedule on one day to other days which should help. That is coming in the next bug update in the next couple of days.

2 hours ago, sbChris said:

It is not working really well either. When I add more than 2 flights, I can't manage to save it. 

Can you elaborate? Does it give you an error or does it freeze? If you're adding a lot of flights it might take a couple of seconds (I plan to add a visual cue in the bug update). However I did also find a bug whereby after you save a flight you have to exit out of the scheduler and re-enter it before scheduling your other flights. So hypothetically if you added one flight, and then went on to add your others without first re-entering the scheduler it wont work. The fix for that is also coming in the bug update.

3 hours ago, sviridovt said:

Can you elaborate? Does it give you an error or does it freeze? If you're adding a lot of flights it might take a couple of seconds (I plan to add a visual cue in the bug update). However I did also find a bug whereby after you save a flight you have to exit out of the scheduler and re-enter it before scheduling your other flights. So hypothetically if you added one flight, and then went on to add your others without first re-entering the scheduler it wont work. The fix for that is also coming in the bug update.

Yes it freezes. That would be great to add a visual cue because there's no way to know whether it is loading or just freezing. It can also be applied to other areas, as sometimes it takes a few seconds to load and I am always wondering whether it froze or not. 

2 minutes ago, sbChris said:

Yes it freezes. That would be great to add a visual cue because there's no way to know whether it is loading or just freezing. It can also be applied to other areas, as sometimes it takes a few seconds to load and I am always wondering whether it froze or not. 

Yeah, there is a bug whereby once you save one flight you have to fully exit out of the scheduler and re-open it or else it will freeze when you try to save. This will be fixed in the next update either today or tomorrow 

A Copy Past function would make it much easier but I would like it if you can switch between easy and advanced flight planner.

So that the easy planner would just add a rout until the day or the week is full. That if you want it easy you have a way and you have a way which is more realistic. 

For me is the Planner at the moment to complicated. Also I think that it would help so much if you can drag and drop the Flights.

4 minutes ago, Mariussk said:

So that the easy planner would just add a rout until the day or the week is full.

But what is the point of that? there is no Airline IRL which fly non-stop to the same Destination. (maybe 2 -> 4 times per day but not more.)

Since you don't have every day / every hour the same amount of Pax. (Night/Day Etc.)

So I'm pretty sure you wouldn't make a good Revenue on that Destination. Try to start with 2 Flights a Day and if you get max Pax on the Plane and Profit do more frequent flights.

I think you miss understood me. I don’t want to fly that often. I thought something like: You say 2 Flights a day and it automatically adds two flights a day. And that with multiplte Routs until the Day ist full. And if you like you can adjust them.

5 minutes ago, Gloras said:

But what is the point of that? there is no Airline IRL which fly non-stop to the same Destination. (maybe 2 -> 4 times per day but not more.)

Today Lufthansa has 20 Flights from Frankfurt to München. Oneway.

2 minutes ago, Mariussk said:

I think you miss understood me. I don’t want to fly that often. I thought something like: You say 2 Flights a day and it automatically adds two flights a day. And that with multiplte Routs until the Day ist full. And if you like you can adjust them.

Today Lufthansa has 20 Flights from Frankfurt to München. Oneway.

Because Lufthansa has a HUB in Munich. (?)

But you are right thats a lot of Flights. Every Hour one flight. 😮 

The scheduler was originally a drag and drop interface but it was far too glitchy and un-reliable to release, which is why it was replaced by what is in the game today. It's something I might revisit at some point later but for now I am focused on making the current scheduler better. That said, I will look to add some sort of mass scheduling functionality (schedule x flights back to back button) either in 0.1.2b or 0.2

• Data Manager
19 hours ago, sviridovt said:

The scheduler was originally a drag and drop interface but it was far too glitchy and un-reliable to release, which is why it was replaced by what is in the game today. It's something I might revisit at some point later but for now I am focused on making the current scheduler better. That said, I will look to add some sort of mass scheduling functionality (schedule x flights back to back button) either in 0.1.2b or 0.2

Very excited for that update - I do enjoy micro-managing the routes as they are, but maybe a tick-box option for days would help when adding flights?