Hey Y'all!

Although 0.2 is still in the pipeline and is coming soon, I wanted to start a discussion on the major point for 0.3 to help me jump straight into it following 0.2. I dont plan on having a large turnaround time for 0.3 like there is for 0.2.

So with that said, I wanted to open a discussion about UI changes, which is going to be the major focus of 0.3 which wont see many new features or game mechanics but will aim to optimize the UI and make the game easier to use. With that in mind, put in any ideas that you have regarding any changes to the current UI so that I have a pretty good idea for what I want to work on by the time 0.2 comes out.

Thanks!

AirSimWorld Developer

Please do not PM me about bugs or errors, create a bug report in the issue tracker instead.

Data errors (wrong airport/aircraft data, missing airports etc.) should be reported in the appropriate sticky thread in the suggestions forum.

It would be great to see what aircraft you have based at what airport.

I like to base different aircraft at different airports, so it would great to have a way of tracking that.

Maybe also adding that category to the My Aircraft section.

Ideally maybe have aircraft fleets, so we could do replacements/refits on a larger scale, so for example if I have an A340 pacific long haul fleet I could say, refit these to a new layout on their next C or D check, or as they hit C or D rotate X fleet's aircraft in to replace them. 

12 hours ago, frequentflier said:

It would be great to see what aircraft you have based at what airport.

I like to base different aircraft at different airports, so it would great to have a way of tracking that.

Maybe also adding that category to the My Aircraft section.

Do you mean kind of like the list of aircraft the plane flies into on the add flights page? If you want I can add a per plane note section. I already have plans to add a notepad that will be accessible on all the pages if that helps.

4 hours ago, dtp11 said:

Ideally maybe have aircraft fleets, so we could do replacements/refits on a larger scale, so for example if I have an A340 pacific long haul fleet I could say, refit these to a new layout on their next C or D check, or as they hit C or D rotate X fleet's aircraft in to replace them. 

0.3 will introduce a wizard (probably) to help you shift schedules over to a different aircraft, I'm not sure if thats what you mean

5 minutes ago, Air Australia said:

I was thinking of having options to do stopovers on flights 

I do have plans to introduce 5th freedom rights, although they probably wont come until 0.4

AirSimWorld Developer

Please do not PM me about bugs or errors, create a bug report in the issue tracker instead.

Data errors (wrong airport/aircraft data, missing airports etc.) should be reported in the appropriate sticky thread in the suggestions forum.

I was thinking of a page that lists all the airports you fly out from, if the airport is a hub or focus city, and what aircraft you have flying from there. The notepad will be a great addition, especially if you can see it on every page.

Another idea:

If people have images of different aircrafts with their livery on it, it would be cool to link it with their fleet list. So, if I went to someone's overview and I clicked on one of their aircraft, it would show that aircraft with their livery, if they upload a corresponding image.

Are we going to replace say 30 planes at a time through the wizard or would I need to go individually replace each plane in a group of 30 one at a time?

you'd need to replace manually, there is not really a good way to automate it since different planes fly at different speeds and different turnaround times etc.

AirSimWorld Developer

Would it be possible to get sequential tailnumbers to keep track of planes in a meaningful way? As my fleet grows it's kind of hard to keep track of planes with random tails. I'm looking at replacing 100+ Tridents soon... So it's going to be kind of a disaster with random tails where as I could say CE0029 to CE0130 and so on in a spreadsheet and do them sequentially 

59 minutes ago, dtp11 said:

Would it be possible to get sequential tailnumbers to keep track of planes in a meaningful way? As my fleet grows it's kind of hard to keep track of planes with random tails. I'm looking at replacing 100+ Tridents soon... So it's going to be kind of a disaster with random tails where as I could say CE0029 to CE0130 and so on in a spreadsheet and do them sequentially 

It is, it actually originally was sequential, I removed it because it would have tail numbers that would be something along the lines of N0001AA etc. But if y'all want I can bring it back, the code is there.

AirSimWorld Developer

Not sure how much it would load the server, but having airport searched server side while you type is rather annoying on slow connection. IMHO, airport database should be cached and searched client side.