KJS607

What do you want to see me do?

What do you want to see me do?  

11 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Add more (and unique) aircraft into the game
    • Improve the existing aircraft data and add new engine options/features
    • Something Else (Please Specify by replying to the thread)

So you can (for once) make be your bitch in a way..

I want to do what you guys all would prefer, so please do let me know which you would prefer to see by voting and I'll get to work once we've got some numbers in.

All voting is anonymous and there is no right or wrong answer.

12 hours ago, IQuit said:

How about purging non-unique / overbuffed aircraft from the database?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

1 hour ago, JewelOfJool said:

I would like to see more game worlds if that's a possibility.

That's actually coming soon, I don't think the game is big enough yet to warrant multiple world's, but after 0.2 comes out I'll be marketing it a bit more and then I'll put up a poll for what era the second world will be in.

AirSimWorld Developer

Please do not PM me about bugs or errors, create a bug report in the issue tracker instead.

Data errors (wrong airport/aircraft data, missing airports etc.) should be reported in the appropriate sticky thread in the suggestions forum.

On 7/13/2019 at 2:43 AM, KJS607 said:

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?

More types in the database does not equal to more choices when selecting your aircraft. Most players will go for most profitable types only. Having few well balanced types gives more choices than having one or two super aircraft among tons of less performant types.

In real world, every aircraft has its niche use. An aircraft nobody wants would cease production immediately. For a game to be realistic, every aircraft in the database should be somehow useful too.

Posted (edited)

Choices usually aren't as cut and dry as far as "most profitable" imo, a lot of people went for the 727 series and I bought tridents, I think I was one of the few to operate Tridents in this game and I was fairly successful with it.

Families are getting introduced soon which will allow more strategy as long as the price isn't negligible so for example, do you want to operate the A330 which leaves you with the A330-200 and A330-300 which gives you some flexibility or go with the MD11, does the MD11 give you additional options as far as range at the cost of blowing a family on one type or maybe the ER gets you there. Geography is also a factor, If you're operating from Australia for example, you're looking at long range where you're looking at fuel costs and range vs. if you're a European carrier you're gonna be looking at a lot shorter range planes with low turnaround costs where you have a lot more options.

You could run ATRs or Dash 8s which is kind of the mainstream option, but Embraer has some turboprops that might work for specific cases, and the  F50 could work. In jets you could run the A320 series or 737 which is mainstream but you also have the MD80 series, Fokker jets, or you could maybe run CRJ1000s later which would mean you'd want to start with the CRJ700, or ERJs.

The other feature that's coming is negotiations so realistically, for more niche planes, airlines are going to be able to negotiate which adds a lot of possibilities there. I'm not sure if plane size categories for airport handling is a factor/is going to be a factor but that would also have an impact. This game seems to have a lot more viable countries than others I've played so I'm thinking overall you're going to be able to make more use of niche planes than usual. 

Edited by dtp11
formatting
  • Like 2

Also to add something, I feel like limiting the options would be antithetical to goal of the game, that being to create the most realistic simulation possible, that is, anything that is possible IRL I want to be possible in game as much as possible. It's the same reason why you're able to sell a used plane for $1, because in theory there is nothing stopping an airline IRL from doing so, and setting arbitrary limits is inherently unrealistic. So the best thing to do for the sake of realism is to add as many planes as possible (and Kai and Northern have been doing fantastic job at adding planes with high quality information), and let the markets decide so to speak. 

• Like 1

AirSimWorld Developer

Please do not PM me about bugs or errors, create a bug report in the issue tracker instead.

Data errors (wrong airport/aircraft data, missing airports etc.) should be reported in the appropriate sticky thread in the suggestions forum.

6 hours ago, sviridovt said:

I feel like limiting the options would be antithetical to goal of the game

I support this and I want as many options as possible as a result of this, including every variant and sub-variant of specific aircraft, so that you can customise your airline's fleet as much as you wish and have the right aircraft for your fleet. In having these options, it should also make aircraft more competitive by not just having the best capacity and fuel usage, but also being adapted to your airline's niche, which some aircraft can do more so than others - pricing may also play into this.

• Like 1

I've now closed the poll, as there is a clear demand to improve the existing aircraft data and add new engine options/features at present, which myself and Northern are working on. (Northern is doing some amazing work as we speak!)

• Like 2