frequentflier

Replacing old aircraft

It would be cool if there was an interface that would help replace multiple old aircraft at once.

Maybe two tables side by side that you connect the new plane to the plane you want to replace. Both tables would need two filters. One by plane type and the second by age, hours, etc.

It was annoying replacing each plane one by one in other games.

Just a thought.

Definitely something to look into, probably for 0.3 especially as a lot of people are starting to see that their aircraft are starting to get old.

AirSimWorld Developer

Please do not PM me about bugs or errors, create a bug report in the issue tracker instead.

Data errors (wrong airport/aircraft data, missing airports etc.) should be reported in the appropriate sticky thread in the suggestions forum.

I'm 100% in favor of this.

AE's rather inaccurate so it was easy to swap there, similarly Airline Mogul's "hot swap" feature was rather basic. It'll be harder to implement with the schedules I'm guessing but some level of automated scheduling to do this would definitely make it smoother than the hardcore scheduling I've had to do to replace my high-cycle One Elevens...

Posted (edited)

+1 for this, with leasing coming, I'd like to be able to start gradually pulling older planes out of service and leasing them out for the last part of their life and replacing them with new planes as they get delivered. As a bonus thing, I don't know how heavy of a load this would be or if its planned for the UI update phase, but it would be really cool to be able to see current cycles and what routes a plane is on in table format for planning purposes.

Edited by dtp11

It is coming prior to 0.3 as part of an 0.2.x update. and its one of the things at the top of my list.

AirSimWorld Developer

Please do not PM me about bugs or errors, create a bug report in the issue tracker instead.

Data errors (wrong airport/aircraft data, missing airports etc.) should be reported in the appropriate sticky thread in the suggestions forum.

in fact, its literally at the top of my list for 0.2.x updates (things with a dash next to them are implemented)

image.png

AirSimWorld Developer

On 8/23/2019 at 10:52 PM, JewelOfJool said:

Sorry for getting off topic but what do you mean by ads? Will there be in game ads or will it be an option for IFE?

There will be ads in game. I'm currently working on getting approval from Google for ads. Have to pay for servers somehow.

AirSimWorld Developer

4 hours ago, sviridovt said:

There will be ads in game. I'm currently working on getting approval from Google for ads. Have to pay for servers somehow.

It has to be done. 

I fully support this idea for 0.3 though.