What to improve about the game

laternenjoe

Hi guys and hi developer if you read this.
Ive been playing a lot of different airline simulations recently and came to the conclusion that this one really has the biggest potential and could be the most fun of them all if done right.
So in order to provide some feedback, here are my two thoughts of things that I think the game could do better.
I really hope this game gets improved further and becomes an awesome airline sim, as its already pretty good and only needs some love here and there:

In general the game seems a little bit too fast for my personal taste. With low levels of players and thereby low level of competition a player can make insane progress really fast. Especially because the passenger demand on routes seems to be a fixed number and doesnt take the year into account. Pretty sure there wasnt demand like this back in the 1950s. Also its oddly easy to establish a new airline, which has every single seat sold from day one. Maybe the developer should add an awareness mechanic into the game that slowly builds up and is influenced by time, marketing, network and alliance size etc. On top of that it seems a little unrealistic that you can 100% fill your planes on every single flight if you just manage to get the pricing right. There should be some variation here and there so I dont have 100% loadfactor on every flight, even if I manage to have the best and most famous airline in the universe.

Which prings us to the next and most important point: Setting up flights
General responsiveness of the scheduling and pricing process seems a little lackluster and makes setting up new routes a chore, especially if the game progresses so fast, that you have to do it over and over again.

The interface of the scheduling timetable needs some adjustments, so that you can simply move the flights around in the schedule without calculating turnaround times in your head for every flight. Also please give the players some information about viable departure and landing times. What happens if i decide to depart at 3am? The game currently doesnt provide any feedback on that matter.

The flight times seem unrealistically short and probably dont account for lengthy departure and approach procedures that can add a lot to flight times at busier airports, especially on short haul flights. If I fly from Frankfurt to Munich IRL the plane will be stuck in some departure and arrival procedures for longer than the actual flight time is. Maybe just add a default 15-20 mins to every flight in order to simulate that.

When it comes to pricing, please add an option to set some standard prices for my routes with a base price and an added "per mile" price so the game automatically calculates prices for me and fills them in, so I only have to make adjustments if there is competition on that route that I want to beat. In general the passenger seat/pricing calculation seems quite unresponsive at the moment and often requires me to reload the page and sometimes wait several minutes until the server gets the numbers right. Just for me to find out afterwards that I stepped over the magic border where passengers dont want to pay these 20$ more I just added and I then end up with zero passengers. This also adds on to the mediocre user experience when setting up a flight.

Anyways these are my thoughts.
Feel free to ask if anything is unclear. Also pls dont feel personally attacked by any of the criticism.
I just want this game to succeed and wish you all the very best.

There already is a turnaround time feature built in, so the arrival/departure procedure is replicated fine. Also, I don't think what time the flight takes place at has any real impact.

I definitely agree that the UI needs an upgrade. The loadfactors and profit should change immediately, not after having to reload or save the prices again.

I also agree with the idea of a default price algorithm, it can be difficult to determine what price I should set my routes at since the price just starts at $100 for every flight.