Aircraft scheduling swap

KJS607

• Data Manager

I was about to shift and up-gauge some flights between my aircraft...before realising just how difficult it is to change the aircraft schedules from one to another if it's a busy schedule on one aircraft.

An option to simply move or swap the schedule from the aircraft management page would be a huge help.

• Like 1

While I might not implement a full swap (since due to different aircraft speeds/turnarounds will be difficult if not impossible), I do plan to make it easier by making the scheduler more flexible, allowing to schedule several flights at a time or several planes) which should make the whole process of transferring schedule easier. 

• Like 2

• Data Manager
6 hours ago, sviridovt said:

While I might not implement a full swap (since due to different aircraft speeds/turnarounds will be difficult if not impossible), I do plan to make it easier by making the scheduler more flexible, allowing to schedule several flights at a time or several planes) which should make the whole process of transferring schedule easier. 

Would it be possible to do this maybe for only aircraft within the same aircraft family (as they will most likely have best identical speed and close turnaround times)

On 4/12/2019 at 4:22 AM, KJS607 said:

Would it be possible to do this maybe for only aircraft within the same aircraft family (as they will most likely have best identical speed and close turnaround times)

Maybe, I might have it use the same scheduler API that verifies scheduler schedules to check if the scheduler would work and then transfer that way, but then you'd be on your own if it can't be transferred.

• Data Manager
7 hours ago, sviridovt said:

Maybe, I might have it use the same scheduler API that verifies scheduler schedules to check if the scheduler would work and then transfer that way, but then you'd be on your own if it can't be transferred.

I think it would be fair to allow people to be on their own, should it not work correctly, but it would be an extremely helpful feature

• 1 year later...

Old topic but still relevant and I really really support this. Just had this come up. Would be very useful when needing to swap due to a lease expiring and you don't want to create the schedules from scratch (providing you re-replacing with the same aircraft). Though in due time as a long term road map item would be nice to move schedules between planes regardless of type if the scheduler could be intelligent enough to recalculate flight time etc, and/or flag for errors.