Aircraft configuration

IQuit

1. Config name empty by default or remove this field totally. Display config layout (e.g. 12F24C96Y) if name is empty.

2. Make config account wide, if you have two airlines in the same (or different) world, they can share the same config.

3. Default color attached to service class (like the current default pitch and width) so that you don't have to pick new colors every time you configure a new aircraft type.

4. Total pax slightly less than max allowed if can't fit into the last row, rather than max allowed + 1 extra row.

5. Only send update to server when dragging ends (i.e. mouse button released), unlike when you're playing on localhost, the nerwork latency makes sliding the pitch and width very unintuitive. Or perhaps perform all the seat layout calculations client side, then revalidate again server side upon clicking a save button.

6. Better configuration allows you to charge significantly more (i.e. first class vs LCC), it is currently negligible.

By the way, how do you configure upper deck?

1 hour ago, IQuit said:

1. Config name empty by default or remove this field totally. Display config layout (e.g. 12F24C96Y) if name is empty.

I agree with this, this could set a good standard.

1 hour ago, IQuit said:

2. Make config account wide, if you have two airlines in the same (or different) world, they can share the same config.

Same here, would be cool, but I doubt it'll be implemented until the actual game release, when we have a better host.

1 hour ago, IQuit said:

3. Default color attached to service class (like the current default pitch and width) so that you don't have to pick new colors every time you configure a new aircraft type.

I would prefer this the way it is right now, but I don't know which is better until more people drop their opinions on this one.

1 hour ago, IQuit said:

4. Total pax slightly less than max allowed if can't fit into the last row, rather than max allowed + 1 extra row.

True, this would add some realism.

1 hour ago, IQuit said:

5. Only send update to server when dragging ends (i.e. mouse button released), unlike when you're playing on localhost, the nerwork latency makes sliding the pitch and width very unintuitive. Or perhaps perform all the seat layout calculations client side, then revalidate again server side upon clicking a save button.

I personally have the update issue that it is too slow, not too fast. Wierd.

1 hour ago, IQuit said:

6. Better configuration allows you to charge significantly more (i.e. first class vs LCC), it is currently negligible.

Not sure how I feel about this one.

5 hours ago, IQuit said:

By the way, how do you configure upper deck?

1, 2 and 3 are something I'll add in the future. 

4 is indeed a bug I need to fix

5. Might definitely have it calculate locally, just honestly trying to avoid Javascript, I'll do it eventually though.

6. I still need to play with the weights that each seat has a role and how that plays with all the other factors. 0.2 is going to add a lot of factors to that equation and so I will mess more with that balance for that.

Currently the second deck is not shown, but the seats areally there. Select the second see ck checkbox on a class for it to be on the second deck (if you want to have one class be on both decks, add it twice with one on first deck and one on second)

• Data Manager
On 4/10/2019 at 8:58 AM, sviridovt said:

6. I still need to play with the weights that each seat has a role and how that plays with all the other factors. 0.2 is going to add a lot of factors to that equation and so I will mess more with that balance for that.

On that note, I'd be happy to start some research into real world aircraft seat types/versions/brands if required to allow some variety.

7 hours ago, KJS607 said:

On that note, I'd be happy to start some research into real world aircraft seat types/versions/brands if required to allow some variety.

Not yet since currently, I can create different seat types but its mostly a gimmick, there is no difference reputation wise. 

• Data Manager
6 hours ago, sviridovt said:

Not yet since currently, I can create different seat types but its mostly a gimmick, there is no difference reputation wise. 

Once we are in a place where reputation actually matters when competing with other carriers, it's definitely something that would set ASW apart

On 4/12/2019 at 4:20 AM, KJS607 said:

Once we are in a place where reputation actually matters when competing with other carriers, it's definitely something that would set ASW apart

I mean, reputation matters currently, but only on a flight level. For 0.2 your reputation will matter on an airline level, class level, and regional level (your reputation will differ based on a country/region), plus the impact of your reputation will be impacted by your airlines reach (so an unknown regional airline won't get a lot of benefits from their reputation while a large airline might)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...