Phantom

Cargo Services as well

With Pasenger airline there should also be Cargo Service.This will add more reality to the game.The person should choose which type to start just cargo or pax or combined. 

Posted (edited)

that is a planned feature, but for the far future.

Edit: Dev's response to cargo suggestion:

Edited by Gibus

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

then to any plan 2021 or near ending of 2020

I think that´s not possible within one year. First you need exact Data for all Aircraft in game. Not only for the size of the cargo Compartment, such details like fuel consumption in different flight states (start, FL, against/With winds/current weight....), needed length of the runway (acccording to actual weight) and maximum take off weight are the first step.

Then you need some solutions to manage cargo. And maby a aircraft conversion tool for modify paxaircraft to cargo. A lot of  work...

2 hours ago, Peter Marxen said:

I think that´s not possible within one year. First you need exact Data for all Aircraft in game. Not only for the size of the cargo Compartment, such details like fuel consumption in different flight states (start, FL, against/With winds/current weight....), needed length of the runway (acccording to actual weight) and maximum take off weight are the first step.

Then you need some solutions to manage cargo. And maby a aircraft conversion tool for modify paxaircraft to cargo. A lot of  work...

Most of the planes have cargo hold information already in the database, the main issue would be the mechanics of how cargo would work (I plan on having it work on a contract system rather than the normal demand model that exists with passengers). My current plan is that it will probably be implemented for 0.6/0.7. I dont really plan on implementing any completely new mechanics in game until 0.5 (which will be the first Beta release) and instead want to work on refining and improving the existing features. As such, this is the current outlook:

0.3: UI overhaul and back-end changes (complete overhaul of the demand model, more on that will be posted in devblog soon)

0.4: Facilities update

0.5 Beta: Contracts/contractual relations (subsidiaries, codeshares, more in-depth alliances etc.)

0.6/0.7: Completely new features, amongst those currently considered are cargo and charter flights.

• Like 1

AirSimWorld Developer

Please do not PM me about bugs or errors, create a bug report in the issue tracker instead.

Data errors (wrong airport/aircraft data, missing airports etc.) should be reported in the appropriate sticky thread in the suggestions forum.